Monday, December 20, 2010

Sixteen years ago today....

I had had an accident while seven month pregnant with my wonderful (oldest) daughter. My foot was broken in seven different places but my baby was okay. Thank you God!
Today this beautiful girl turned 16. What a bittersweet day. I am a little sad, because this birthday is sort of crossway into adulthood. The childhood days are over and she is growing up. I have to learn to let her go - slowly for now. I can't help but be incredibly proud of this young woman. God is doing something wonderful in her and she is becoming a more and more awesome young lady - despite me. Again, thank you God ! She is a great big sister, who truly loves her siblings and her family. She has a heart for her friends and she just likes to encourage everyone, even if she doesn't know them well. It is great to see God work in her.
Today she and her siblings gave up birthday presents and Christmas presents to pool all the money so they can get a Wii. Nina asked for a special german chocolate cake, called Kalte Schnauze ( cold snout), do not ask me how the name came about, I don't know. Anyway, I made the cake for her. I love my sweet daughter, happy birthday!














No comments:

Post a Comment