Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Amazing Find :D

Two days ago I went to the Goodwill store with my lovely daughter Nina. She needed to buy a dress for the senior formal. We thought we start looking at Goodwill and so we did. She was by the dresses and I looked around in the store. Since they were in the middle of rearranging the order in the store, it took me a while to find things. When I heard something metallic clinging. One of the ladies who work there brought a stand mixer to put into the shelf. I happened to stand next to it and so I looked at it first. I have wanted to get one of those things for almost the whole two years we are here now. They are so great and durable. I had one hand held mixer that died after only a few short months and started to make strange noises after running for only about two minutes or so. After it finally died, I bought another hand held which was a little more expensive but not really much better. So there was this really nice piece of kitchen equipment that had eyed (though from different companies) for quite a while now. I looked at it and was surprised to see that it was still in really good shape. After I looked at the price I put it in the shopping basket and guarded it jealously. The price tag was $ 15 ! I did struggle with myself while I kept walking through the store. It was really hard to justify buying it, because I didn't really need it. I have a hand held mixer that is working at the time. I could use the money better on Nina dress and accessoires .... finally I caved and just bought it. 

So here is the newest addition to my little kitchen








    By the way, Nina never found a dress at Goodwill. We ended up going JC Penney where she found a very beautiful dress  :D                                                                                       



     






No comments:

Post a Comment