Sunday, January 29, 2012

"New" Room for the girls...

It has been a while since I last blogged. The days are just racing by and once again it is Sunday evening and I haven't prepared much for tomorrow morning, I guess that means that I have to get up early to get ready for school :)

In the meantime we have rearranged the room for the girls. Trending the colors of purple and blue with white beds and shelves. Actually the room turned out much nicer than I thought. It looks really good! For the first time in, well, about 13 years the girls don't have a bunk bed or loft bed. They each have a bed on opposite sides of the room and they feel like they pretty far apart :D

I have always painted and wallpapered my homes. Thanks to my parents, who taught me well, I could now pass this knowledge on to my girls. It was fun to paint the room with them. I guess the most fun was that I didn't have to do the tedious things, like taping the window and the door and baseboards and ceiling :) It was great to have someone else do that as well as put plastic on the floor an tape it so it doesn't move too much. Then I showed them how to paint the walls. That was easy! These new paints are so much better than they used to be. Many years ago, it was rather difficult to produce an even colored wall, especially if some joker painted a face or something on the wall. With these new paints, that is no problem - so cool ! The girls did a great job and Jeremy helped a little as well. We all had fun, but were happy when everything was put in place and order was restored.








We thought that this kinda looks like Bart Simpson.....























Some of us took a break, while others worked.....

then we switched break time :)

1 comment: