Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A new chapter in my life.....

I am now officially forced to start a new chapter in my life. How is that you ask? Well, my oldest daughter got her driver's permit. Actually she got is about three weeks ago, but somehow it wasn't all that "official" until she got the actual card yesterday. Deep sigh.....yes, now I have to let her drive! It is a very, very strange thing to see your child behind the wheel of a vehicle, which is not a toy car. Now I have to trust her judgement, phew. I will say though, that she is driving pretty good. She didn't have a change to drive much yet, but she doing well. Only - semi trucks make her want to squish over onto the shoulder of the road. I thought that was scary, not the semi, but her reaction to it. So how do professional driving instructors do this? She did tell me that I am not a very good driving instructor. Hhm, maybe something to work on? I am sure that she will be good driver some day, she just needs actual experience. This is the beginning of her life as a young, independent, very lovely woman. This is the first of what will be many bittersweet changes in our lives....... Though, I am very proud of her :D

1 comment:

  1. nina is allowed to drive a car bow?
    congrats but i understand that this is a bit scary!
    wow
    how did time flew by?

    ReplyDelete