Monday, December 24, 2012

18 !

We just had a milestone Birthday in the family. My oldest daughter turned 18 years old.
I have no idea where the time went! I doesn't seem that long ago that I watched her on the ultrasound and saw her feet kicking me. We brought her home in a Christmas stocking, she was just too cute and born too close to Christmas to pass this by ;-)   I remember her 6th Birthday, which was a princess birthday and all in pink and purple. We made cone hats and attached some pink and purple streamers to them and all the little girls had fun playing all the games my sister played with them. I remember many more Birthdays, some with tents in the living room others going to a Castle (Schloss Charlottenburg) and dressing up there and learning some dance from long ago.
I remember the first day at school. The first friends. The first overnight. The first piano lesson....
I always told her that she can quit taking piano lessons when she can play Franz Liszt for me. Now she can play Liszt and Chopin for me and she doesn't take piano lessons anymore. She just taught herself to pay Violin.... My dear, sweet Nina, I love you more than you can imagine. I am incredibly proud of you. Not only because I get to listen Liszt now, but because you keep fighting. When life has been less than kind and gentle with you, you keep hanging on to God and get up dust yourself off and keep going. That is one reason I am proud of you. You have a very big, loving heart and give everyone another chance. Sometimes it gets me upset because so often you get hurt, but more often I admire you for that. You are a wonderful young woman and I pray all of Gods abundant blessing on your life. Now you are legally an adult. That is kind of strange for both of us, I think. I thank God for you and am very curious to see what God will do in your life. I love you!


Jamie did a great job decorating the place :)





even the pooch was decorated......

the birthday presents...

the little brother gave her his present

her own coffee cup, so I can use mine and a gift card

I think she liked it  :D

the present from her sister, silver earrings. Very pretty! 

That was her dream birthday cake ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment