Monday, December 24, 2012

Midnight sledding.....

Well, actually it wasn't midnight, it was more like 9:30pm :)  Jamie had a friend over and all four of them went sledding. It was pretty cold and the snow had turned into mostly ice, I guess that thought was enticing for them. Luckily Nina has her license and I didn't have go out into the cold, though they used my van instead of Nina's car. To my dismay they put the wet sleds on the leather seats.......
It wasn't far from the house only about 5 min by car and they all had their phones and about 45 min later they were back and enjoying cups of hot chocolate with marshmallows. I have a good idea of how fast time goes by and so I enjoy every minute (most of the time) with the kids. The advise from a good friend was to do my best to live in the moment, thank you P. those are wise words. So now I try to live in the moment and don't get too frazzled. I try to remember to take time to listen to what they say after I ask them how they are. I will do my best to put my work down for moment to given them a hug or a smile while looking into their eyes. All too soon all of this will be a memory and they are living their own lives with their own children....


Nina and A.

looks like they are having fun



unfortunately we don't have a picture with Jamie
because she was behind the camera

doesn't the little guy look exhausted ?

I would have thought that it would work better if
 the smaller one sits on the lap of the bigger person?

 our crooked little Christmas tree 

I just had to show those totally adorable little snowmen.
Friends gave the to us last year for Christmas, thank you again
P. family!


No comments:

Post a Comment